1. Acceptance of Terms. Welcome to this website ("website") which is published by a Lewis-Clark State College ("LCSC") education, research, or service area (internal or external to LCSC). Use of this website is voluntary. By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of your personally identifiable information ("PII") and non-personal information as described in this Online Privacy Statement. This Online Privacy Statement only governs the use and disclosure of information collected through this website.
2. Non-Personal Information Lewis-Clark State College Collects From You. LCSC automatically collects information about your Internet connection, including but not limited to:
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and name of the Internet domain you used to access the Internet;
- The IP address of the website from which you linked directly to a LCSC website;
- The date and time you accessed a LCSC website;
- The pages you visited; and
- The web browser and operating system you used to access a LCSC website.
This information ("non-personal information") does not identify you personally. LCSC uses this non-personal information to monitor the effectiveness of this website and to consider potential improvements to this website.
4. Use of Your Personally Identifiable Information. Unless there are restrictions on use of your PII or unless LCSC tells you otherwise, LCSC (or third parties engaged by LCSC) may use your PII to:
- Administer your participation in this website;
- Communicate information LCSC thinks may be of interest to you;
- Fulfill your requests for services or materials;
- Contact you;
- Conduct research or surveys;
- Respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; and
- Establish or exercise LCSC's legal rights or defend against legal claims.
5. Sharing Your Information. LCSC may disclose your PII to other authorized users of this website. LCSC may use third party service providers and suppliers to facilitate this website and the services LCSC provides, and they may have access to PII. Authorized users are LCSC employees or third parties who have been granted access and have a need to know the information collected in order to fulfill LCSC's mission and business needs. LCSC may disclose PII to other affiliated institutions and/or if LCSC is required to do so by law.
The help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, but this may limit your ability to use some features of this website.
7. Linked Sites. LCSC may provide links on this website to other sites of interest. Your use of such linked websites is subject to the privacy statements of the providers of those websites. LCSC encourages you to be aware when you leave this website and to read the privacy statements of each website you visit.
8. Security Measures. LCSC works hard to protect the security of the information that you provide to LCSC. While LCSC strives to protect your information through measures that protect LCSC systems, such security cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, LCSC does not insure or warrant the security of information you transmit, and you do so at your own risk. For more information on cybersecurity visit the State of Idaho Cybersecurity Awareness website.
9. Student Records. Student records are protected by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), federal regulations which assign rights to students and responsibilities to educational institutions regarding students’ education records. The Act governs the maintenance and release of information from those records.
11. Changes. LCSC may change this Online Privacy Statement from time to time. If LCSC does make a change, LCSC will post the revised Online Privacy Statement on this website. LCSC encourages you to review this Online Privacy Statement periodically.